Jika anda sedang membuka akun fb dan ingin mengirim alamat posting ini kedinding anda, silahkan klik jempol dibawah:
Transition Words adalah kata transisi yang digunakan untuk membantu membangun koneksi yang jelas antara ide-ide dalam kalimat atau paragraf dan menjamin bahwa kalimat-kalimat dan paragraf tersebut dapat dimengerti dengan baik .
Jenis-jenis Kata dan Frase Transisi
1. Addition (Tambahan)Kata atau frase yang digunakan adalah:
- also = juga
- again = lagi
- as well as = dan
- besides = disamping
- coupled with = ditambah dengan
- furthermore = lagi pula
- in addition = sebagai tambahan
- likewise = demikian juga
- moreover = selain itu
- similarly = dengan cara yang sama
- When there is a trusting relationship coupled with positive reinforcement, the partners will be able to overcome difficult situations.
(Ketika adasebuah hubungan kepercayaan ditambah dengan penekanan yang positif, maka hubungan tersebut akan mampu mengatasi segala jenis kesulitan)
2. Consequence (Konsekuensi)Kata/Frase yang digunakan adalah:
- accordingly = maka
- as a result = karena
- consequently = sebagai konsekuensinya
- for this reason = untuk alasan ini
- for this purpose = hasilnya
- hence = karena itu
- otherwise = sebaliknya
- so then = jadi
- subsequently = kemudian
- therefore = oleh karena itu
- thus = demikian
- thereupon = lalu
- wherefore = lalu
- Highway traffic came to a stop as a result of an accident that morning.
(Kemacetan di jalan raya berhenti karena kecelakaan pagi ini)
3. Contrast and Comparison:Kata/Frase yang digunakan adalah: contrast, by the same token, conversely, instead, likewise, on one hand, on the other hand, on the contrary, rather, similarly, yet, but, however, still, nevertheless, in contrast
- The children were very happy. On the other hand, and perhaps more importantly, their parents were very proactive in providing good care.
4. DirectionKata/Frase yang digunakan adalah: here, there, over there, beyond, nearly, opposite, under, above, to the left, to the right, in the distance
- She scanned the horizon for any sign though in the distance she could not see the surprise coming her way.
5. Diversion:Kata/Frase yang digunakan adalah: by the way, incidentally
- He stumbled upon the nesting pair incidentally found only on this hill.
6. EmphasisKata/Frase yang digunakan adalah: above all, chiefly, with attention to, especially, particularly, singularly
- The Quakers gathered each month with attention to deciding the business of their Meeting.
7. Exception:Kata/Frase yang digunakan adalah: aside from, barring, beside, except, excepting, excluding, exclusive of, other than, outside of, save
- Consensus was arrived at by all of the members exclusive of those who could not vote.
8. Exemplifying:Kata/Frase yang digunakan adalah: chiefly, especially, for instance, in particular, markedly, namely, particularly, including, specifically, such as
- Some friends and I drove up the beautiful coast chiefly to avoid the heat island of the city.
9. Generalizing:Kata/Frase yang digunakan adalah: as a rule, as usual, for the most part, generally, generally speaking, ordinarily, usually
- There were a few very talented artists in the class, but for the most part the students only wanted to avoid the alternative course.
10. Illustration:Kata/Frase yang digunakan adalah: for example, for instance, for one thing, as an illustration, illustrated with, as an example, in this case
- The chapter provided complex sequences and examples illustrated with a very simple schematic diagram.
11. Similarity:Kata/Frase yang digunakan adalah: comparatively, coupled with, correspondingly, identically, likewise, similar, moreover, together with
- The research was presented in a very dry style though was coupled withexamples that made the audience tear up.
12. Restatement:Kata/Frase yang digunakan adalah: in essence, in other words, namely, that is, that is to say, in short, in brief, to put it differently
- In their advertising business, saying things directly was not the rule. That is to say, they tried to convey the message subtly though with creativity.
13. Sequence:Kata/Frase yang digunakan adalah: at first, first of all, to begin with, in the first place, at the same time, for now, for the time being, the next step, in time, in turn, later on, meanwhile, next, then, soon, the meantime, later, while, earlier,simultaneously, afterward, in conclusion, with this in mind ,
- The music had a very retro sound but at the same time incorporated a complex modern rhythm.
14. Summarizing:Kata/Frase yang digunakan adalah: after all, all in all, all things considered, briefly, by and large, in any case, in any event, in brief, in conclusion, on the whole, in short, in summary, in the final analysis, in the long run, on balance, to sum up, to summarize, finally
- She didn�t seem willing to sell the car this week, but in any case I don�t get paid until the end of the month.