Jika anda sedang membuka akun fb dan ingin mengirim alamat posting ini kedinding anda, silahkan klik jempol dibawah:
Passive voice yaitu suatu bentuk kalimat dimana subject tidak melakukan tindakan namun dikenai tindakan. Yang perlu dipahami adalah bahwasanya antara kalimat active yang diubah menjadi kalimat passive tidak merubah arti kalimat. Selain itu, hanya kalimat yang berobjek atau “Transitive Verbs” yang bisa diubah menjadi kalimat pasif yaitu dengan cara menempatkan subjek kalimat aktif menjadi objek pada kalimat pasif ataupun sebaliknya menempatkan objek kalimat pasif menjadi subjek pada kalimat pasif.
1.Basic Pattern of Passive : TO BE + V3
2. Active : S + V + O menjadi:
Passive : S (Object pada kalimat aktip) + To Be + V3 + by O (subjet pada kalimat aktif)
3. TO BE bisa diturunkan menjadi AM, IS, ARE (Present) WAS, WERE (Past) BEEN (Perfect).
4. … Being (…continuous) dan BE ( After Modal).
Perhatikan contoh kalimat berikut ini!
a. Active : We eat rice every day. (s+v1 s/es + o)
b. Passive : Rice is eaten every day by us.(S +is/am/are+o)
a. Active : Bob mailed the letter yesterday.
b. Passive : The letter was mailed yesterday by Bob yesterday.
a. Active : She has bought some apples.
b. Passive : Some apples have been bought by her.
a. Active : I am reading a book now
b. Passive : A book is being read now by me
a. Active : Mrs. Sri will take some money
b. Passive : Some money will be taken by her
Kalimat a dan b pada masing-masing contoh di atas bermakna sama.
DIRECT and INDIRECT OBJECT
Sebuah kalimat yang mempunyai dua buah objek sekaligus yaitu Direct Object/DO (biasanya benda) dan Indirect Object /IO(biasanya orang), harus berpola :
a. S + V + IO + DO
My father gives me a book.
The passive form is : I am given a book by my father
b. S + V + DO for/to IO
My father gives a book for me
The passive form is : A book is given for me by my father
PROBLEM SET 8
01. Tomorrow the car… by my mother.
(A) will be driven
(B) is driven
(C) has been driven
(D) was driven
(E) will be being driven
02. This house ... by my grand father long time ago.
(A) had been built
(B) is built
(C) has been built
(D) will be built
(E) was built
03. I gave him some money. The passive form is…
(A) Some money was given by him for me
(B) Some money was given by me for him
(C) Some money was given to me
(D) Some money was given to him
(E) I was given by him some money
04. The book ... and I understand it now.
(A) will be read
(B) will have been read
(C) was read
(D) had been read
(E) has been read
05. The tax ... every month.
(A) must be paid
(B) would be paid
(C) should be paid
(D) had to be paid
(E) shall be paid
06. The patient ... by the doctor at this time tomorrow.
(A) will be operated
(B) will be being operated
(C) will have been operated
(D) will have been being operated
(E) will be operating
07. The tiger ... in the cage in our zoo for two years.
(A) will be put
(B) has been put
(C) is put
(D) had been put
(E) was put
08. America ... four hundred years ago.
(B) will be discovered
(C) had discovered
(D) was discovered
(E) was being discovered
09. We like Mr. Dhany very much. We ... English by him for three years.
(A) are teaching
(B) have been taught
(C) have been teaching
(D) have taught
(E) were being taught
10. The monument over there ... in 1965.
(B) were built
(C) is built
(D) was being built.
(E) was built
11. The furniture ... when we arrived.
(B) had been sold
(C) is sold
(D) is being sold
(E) has been sold
12. Before I came, my television ... by the thief.
(B) had been stolen
(E) has been stolen
13. His antique motor car ... two months ago.
(A) is sold
(B) had been sold
(C) was sold
(D) will be sold
(E) has been sold
14. They took the children to the park. We can also say ....
(A) The children are taken to the park.
(B) The children were taken to the park.
(C) They are taken to the park.
(D) They were taken the children to the park.
(E) The children were taken to the park by them.
15. They are building a new garage near here. That sentence is the same meaning as ....
(A) Here is being built by them.
(B) A new garage is building by them here.
(C) A new garage is being built by them near here.
(D) A new garage is being built near here.
(E) A new garage was being built near here.
16. "Nobody can do such a thing."
The passive form is…
(A) Such a thing can be done by anybody.
(B) A thing can be done by anybody.
(C) A such thing can be done by somebody.
(D) Such a thing can't be done by somebody
(E) Such a thing can't be done by anybody.
17. What is the active form of "English is spoken in the US"?
(A) People in the US speak English.
(B) In the US speak English.
(C) Everybody speak English in the US.
(D) Everybody spoke English in the US.
(E) People in the US speaks English.
18. She has picked some flowers.
The passive voice of the above sentence is…
(A) Some flowers have been picked.
(B) Some flowers have picked.
(C) She has been picked.
(D) She was picked by some flowers.
(E) Some flowers picked her.
19. The letter is short, it can ... in three minutes.
(B) be written
(D) is written
(E) to write
20. The general election…next month
(A) is held
(B) will be held
(C) has been held
(D) is being held
(E) was being held
21. I shall leave the key under the mat. We can also say ....
(A) I shall be leave the key under the mat.
(B) I shall be left the key under the mat.
(C) The key shall be leave under the mat.
(D) The key shall left under the mat.
(E) The key shall be left by me under the mat.
22. The wedding party ... in "Horizon Hotel" now.
(A) is celebrated
(B) is being celebrated
(C) was celebrated
(D) has been celebrated
(E) has been being celebrated
23. The letter ... by Tommy last week.
(A) is received
(B) was received
(C) has been received
(D) had been received
(E) will have been received
24. The robbers ... to death last week.
(A) were shot
(B) have been shot
(C) are shot
(D) had been shot
(E) will be shot
25. Jana : "You're not driving your car."
Yana : "No,…”
(A) It's repaired.
(B) It was repaired.
(C) It's been repaired.
(D) It's being repaired.
(E) It will have been repaired.
26. Yesterday they ... to do all chapters.
(A) have been asked
(B) had been asked
(C) were asked
(D) are asked
(E) was asked
27. She ... this time tomorrow.
(A) will be operated on
(B) will have been operated on
(C) will be being operated on
(D) will being operated
(E) is operated on
28. The tiger ... in the cage for one year.
(A) has been kept
(B) was kept
(C) was being kept
(D) have been kept
(E) has be kept
29. My uncle's house ... last night.
(A) has been broken into
(B) was being broken into
(C) had been broken into
(D) were broken into
(E) was broken into
30. The book ... for two weeks.
(A) is borrow
(B) has been borrowed
(C) have been borrowed
(D) has borrowed
(E) have been borrow